Tuesday 15 November 2016

Remembrance 1916 - 2016

Welcome back to A Wartime Life blog. This year for remembrance, I decided that unlike in previous years, I would not post anything until after remembrance weekend, so that I could have my own time to reflect and remember. After all, there are so many other programmes and news pieces, telling the stories of brave men, you didn't need another post. Rather than list the number of casualties for the year, which lets face it, with the Somme drawing to a close 100 years ago, was such a high number, I thought I would just share with you some images that bring home why we remember. 






I was lucky enough to be able to attend in intimate gathering for a remembrance ceremony and I hope you were able to reflect too. These images above certainly make me think, analysing how I tread through life and have it relatively easy compared to some.


No comments:

Post a Comment